Dear Friends and Parishioners of St. Andrew's,
We are happy to be announcing the re-starting of in-person worship services at St. Andrew's.
The re-opening is with the permission of Bishop David Reed and following the guidelines of the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas. The first service back will be:
Sunday, June 21, 9:30 am, Rite I
We will alternate Rite I & II weekly. When we have the cleaning and infrastructure resources, we will consider moving to two services and have both Rites each week. The service will also continue to be broadcast online.
To best meet the needs of the membership, we need your input. Please click on the link below and fill out a brief four-question survey, so that we may better prepare for our re-opening. When most have responded to this electronic survey, we will contact all those we have not heard back from by telephone and regular mail.
However, before completing the survey, please read this notice. It will give you an idea of the rules for the modified services.
The re-opening will be based on health and safety concerns, and we are taking many precautions. Even as we carefully re-open, please know that attending the service – like all public outings - is not without risk. The following outline briefly illustrates the rules:
1. Social distancing and masks will be needed to enter the building through the front door only. The pews will be marked, and an usher will show you where to sit.
2. Masks must be worn at all times, including during singing – except for our small band of musicians. Please bring your own mask, though we will have extras on hand.
3. You will be asked to use the sanitizer provided at the front door or wash your hands in the nursery bathroom.
4. There will be no physical passing of the sign of peace.
5. There will be communion in one kind only, and the priest will bring it to you at the pew.
6. Only 100 persons, including youth and children, will be allowed per service. The choir loft and parish hall will not be open.
7. Children will sit with their parents.
8. The nursery remains closed, but children's pew supplies will be available.
9. You will be dismissed by rows to maintain social distance, and there is no 'coffee hour.'
Our 'at-risk' parishioners are encouraged to not attend the modified services out of care and concern for their vulnerability. Also, those with COVID-19 symptoms and those that have been in contact with an infected COVID-19 person should not come to church until they are sure they are not infected.
Please keep in mind that the modified services will incur additional expenses for the church and volunteers can help keep that expense down. Also, due to the protocol, the services will require extra time, so come a bit early.
Thank you in advance for taking all these considerations into account. If your health allows you to attend, we believe you will find these new services very rewarding – even as they are not what any of us is accustomed to.
Peace of the Lord,
Fr. David A. and the Vestry of St. Andrew's
Here is our schedule for our online services:
Morning Prayer - 9:30 AM - Monday – Friday
Evening Prayer 7:30 PM - Monday – Friday
Contemplative Prayer Group 6:30 PM - Tuesdays
Sunday Eucharist - 9:30 AM
Please use the following links to watch our online services (they are simulcast to all of them at the same time). If you have a problem with one, please feel free to use another:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/standrewsep/
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/standrewsep
If you would like to add to the prayer list which will be in the online Sunday Announcements and the E-Net you may call the church office or use this form to send them electronically (in lieu of our blue prayer cards.)
If you would like to follow along, here are the documents services/groups, list is updated daily as well as posted on our Facebook page (newest are at the bottom):
Things you will use most services:
Book of Common Prayer (BCP) - Please feel free to download to your device to use during any of the services.
For use with evening prayer:
For use with Children's Church:
Updated Order of Services( → arrow denotes where we are):
Sun: The Holy Eucharist, Rite II - Trinity Sunday - June 7
If there is not a live-stream currently available, check back at a later time.